Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Last Day

Today is banquet day at camp. . . . A bittersweet day--full of celebration of the last five weeks, but full of sadness at having to say goodbye to dear friends and summer days packed with endless fun. As I've said in previous posts, we are so thankful for our summers at camp. Each one of us grows while we're here, and we're challenged to care for and love each other better as a family. MG has shown us that she's really ready for kindergarten--walking herself to her classes, making friends with the campers, carrying on conversations with the counselors, and growing in her understanding of God's world. Sam has grown physically for sure, but it's also been thrilling to see him begin loving people. The thrill of tractors and big trucks remains, but I've begun to see him get equally excited over some of his favorite counselors, calling them, "my friends." I've definitely had time to feel refreshed, recharged spiritually, and ready to begin the busy year. One of my favorite parts about camp this summer has been running on the lake road. I wish I had a picture to show the beautiful morning runs that I've been able to take around the lake. It has definitely been a luxury to have the time for that peace and quiet. David has received much encouragement in his ministry, and we are most thankful for that. We have seen the Holy Spirit at work in this place and in our hearts, making us thankful for the good gifts that God gives to us.

No comments: